The Center for Nia & Yoga
Please arrive on May 5 at 4:00 PM and we will conclude on May 7 at 4:00 PM.
Join CASEY BERNSTEIN for the Nia Moving to Heal Training.
Designed with the unifying theme of healing, the Nia Moving to Heal Training provides you with the knowledge and skills to receive therapeutic benefits from the moving practice of Nia.
Founded on the art of movement and the philosophy of The Body's Way, in this 2.5 day training you will learn techniques to adapt Nia therapeutically and how to successfully use Nia movement and principles to feel better.
This training will support you in developing body awareness, sensation science, a somatic understanding of anatomy and body gratitude.
For teachers, this training places specific emphasis on the ethics of healing and compassionate movement while considering the needs of diverse students.
(If you desire to teach Nia Moving to Heal, you must have completed the Nia White Belt Training, the Moving to Heal apprenticeship program, and become a Nia Sacred Livelihood member in order to teach the Nia Moving to Heal class.)
1) 2.5 days of in-person, experiential learning including a Nia Moving To Heal class experience each day.
2) Pre-Training ONLINE Training Portal with materials to prepare you for your training including:
- PDF Download of Nia Moving To Heal LEARN Book
- Podcasts, Audio Guided Meditations and Movement Exercises
- And more...
3) 7-Week Post-Training Access to FULL ONLINE Training Portal with Moving To Heal EMBODY Curriculum including:
- Agendas with suggested embodiment practices
- Podcasts to support your embodied learning
- 2 week FREE Trial of Nia On Demand (for new Nia On Demand subscribers)
- PDF Download of Moving To Heal LEARN Book
Anyone can take the Nia Moving to Heal Training; no experience is required. Nia Moving to Heal is adaptable to all levels of fitness, experience and abilities.
AFTER YOUR TRAINING:
After you graduate from Nia Moving to Heal, you are invited to continue your Nia journey through one of three Nia Membership paths:
Dancing Through Life: For the passionate and committed Nia graduate
Sacred Athlete: For the Nia graduate interested in learning and practicing teaching skill
Sacred Livelihood: For aspiring Nia Teaching Professionals
If you do not choose to become a Nia member, you will have access to your online training portal for 2 weeks after your training graduation.
PLEASE NOTE: In order to teach Nia Moving to Heal, you also must complete your Nia White Belt training (Find a White Belt Training) , the Moving to Heal apprenticeship program, and become a Nia Sacred Livelihood Member.
CANCELLATION + TRANSFER POLICY
Registration and instruction fees are non-refundable. Should you cancel your registration more than 30 days prior to the training start date, the registration fee will be credited to your Nia account. Should you cancel your registration less than 30 days prior to the training start date, you will incur a cancellation fee of $100 which will be deducted from your registration fee. The remaining balance will be credited to your Nia account.